Monday, February 8, 2010

Flowers pt 1

1. One of my favorites.
2.
Kristine and Maciej made their own paper pomanders for the ceremony using Styrofoam balls and tissue paper flowers.3. I would do it with different flowers and without the scrolls.Kristine and Maciej’s simple, square wedding cake was trimmed with navy-blue ribbon and fresh hydrangeas.4. Could be paired with picture frame.Kristine and Maciej bought LED candles from a Christmas tree shop and placed them around their centerpieces. They also added seashells that Kristine had collected in Florida to decorate each table.5. Another favorite.Heather‘s blue and white bouquet made of peonies and hydrangeas had a special touch attached -- a photo of her late father.6.Cody held a natural, loosely tied bouquet of blue delphiniums, thistle, Queen Anne‘s lace, and hypericum berries, designed to look as if she‘d gathered the flowers in the meadow where she was married.7.Alex‘s eight bridesmaids carried bouquets of purple hydrangeas and peach-colored accents provided a pop of color against the champagne dresses.8.Blue hydrangeas made a statement in much of the wedding day décor, including the bridesmaid bouquets.9.The mother of the bride carried a small nosegay of blue hydrangeas and greenery.10.The tablescapes varied from table to table, and included wooden boxes filled with wheatgrass and surrounded by votive candles.11. Another favorite.Kristine’s bridesmaids carried bouquets of green and blue hydrangeas. The maid of honor also carried hydrangeas, but with white peonies added to the mix, giving it a similar look to Kristine’s.12. Different color flower obviously.
13. Not the right color but cute.
14.
15. Without the long grass stuff.

2 comments:

Becca Brown said...

I like 1. We could add yellow to it easily.

Love the cake in 3.

4 would be cost effective.

Love 5. I would do more blue and add a little yellow.

Love the colors of 11, but I don't like the big bunches of the same flowers.

Abish said...

Obviously I liked all of them since I posted them. I think the cake would be good without the scroll on the frosting and with better flowers. I love the way the flowers look against the blue dresses in 11. The centerpieces in 4 are easy and simple. You could easily do picture frames with it.