The wall color for the kitchen. I like the darker color on the right, but we're going with the lighter on the left because it matches our tile better.
Another painting question: Where should I stop the kitchen wall color? By the door or should I paint this wall going up the stairs? The only thing is that I can't really paint the wall on the other side of the stairs because it continues up into the stairwell and there's no way I'll be able to paint that because I don't have a ladder that will reach.
Well, that's it for now. :)
Oh yeah, I showed this to my friend and she wants me to post pictures of her living room so you guys can make pillow and curtain suggestions. Are you guys ok with that?

5 comments:
I was thinking the cream matting would match your kitchen paint but a white mat would make the cloth pop out more. Maybe wait until you get the painting done and see what it looks like then. Maybe your friend could send me a picture of her living space and I could play with it and put it on the blog. You and Abish could help with ideas. I think the paint should probably not go up the stair well. Its hard to say but if I had to guess what makes sense; make the green stop on the wall to define the dining space.
The picture doesn't really show it, but the cream matting is just a little off in color, so I don't think it compliments the tapa cloth well. And I rather like the idea of it popping off a white matting like Abish's.
I took some pictures of my friend's living room this morning when I went over there to exercise. They probably won't be very good, but I didn't have my camera with me. I'll email them to you.
I don't mind other people posting stuff on here. That was the idea of the blog.
How far up does the wall with the light switch go? A safe bet would be to not paint the two walls that are on either side of the stairs and paint the wall with the door and the wall that has whatever that is hanging on it and the end.
I like the darker creme color too but the lighter color might be a better option because the green might end up darkening the other rooms quite a bit. Plus your cabinets and counter top and barstools are all dark.
The tapa cloth, I do like my white mat. A lot of people don't realize that it's cloth, they think it's art at first. Ha ha! My favorite trick. Using fabric as art! Of course there isn't the raw edge either. I do like how all of us framed it a little bit differently. Sariah, you didn't have a mat on yours right? Do you wish you had one?
The wall with the light switch ends at the top of the those stairs, so it would be very easy to end the color there.
Yeah, you could go up the stairs a little bit if the the wall doesn't go up too high.
Post a Comment