Friday, April 24, 2009

First Coat of Paint Up!

As you can tell, it's been another late night for me. I need sleep! And the green looks A LOT darker with it all over the wall. Maybe partly because it's the middle of the night and there's no outside light. Anyway, the living room:


Like my pile of furniture?

I was kind of pooped out, so I just decided to stop without painting "Area A". Now you guys can get a feel for what I was saying about it possibly opening up the space and creating a better flow into the kitchen.

Well, what do you guys think? I kind of like it like that. I'll have to convince Steve to keep it though.

So speaking of painting wood trim, I really want to paint it white now. With the white doors and white blinds, the natural Maple looks a little silly.

Also, with all the darkness on the walls, I'm thinking that I might want to do a light color curtain. Maybe white with a color ribbon?

Ok, bedtime now.

2 comments:

Abish said...

Is the green actually darker than it appears? It looks pretty light in the photos. I think the trim would look better white. That's a lot of work! You could paint area a creme color and then if it starts to bug you, you can always paint it green. I would definitely go with a lighter colored curtain.

Sariah Lunsford said...

I would probably paint the kitchen columns green outside, cream inside, but you could always leave it (since you're burned out) and come back later and paint if you change your mind.